1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Oct 18, 2011.

1. I think it makes sense to have a debate thread.

2. Rick Perry thinks you can blockade things under your feet.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Mitt just got bitch-slapped by Santorum...that was fun to watch.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Rick and Romney are going to come to fisticuffs. Nuns would probably engage in a manlier fight than these two.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Well shit. I was on the Who Would You Vote for Today thread. So, I repeat:

So they spent 15 minutes talking about a plan that has as much chance as being passed as Point of Orders P-P-P-plan of pears, prunes and pringles plan.

This folks, is why primary debates are usually not about policy but are about going for gotcha questions, talking about personal records of the candidates, and broad "what kind of tree would you be" philosophical questions. Talking about 9-9-9 does nothing to show you how a candidate deals with pressure situations.

Unfortunately, someone always has to think wouldn't it be great if they discussed actual policies? The answer to that question -- at least in several-candidate primaries -- is hell no. People don't know what they want. Steve Jobs could attest to that.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Romney & Perry might come to blows.

8. Point of Order

[cross talk]

9. It was a good point that 9-9-9 would take years to implement. The big problem in Obamacare is that it has put people who could hire people in a holding pattern. That same uncertainty would be in place with the 9-9-9 plan while it was being implemented

10. Penn & Teller had a great show on building a border fence in the US. Ever since seeing that I've believed a fence would be just a huge waste of money.

I do support the fence in Israel though.

11. Point of Order

Good God this thing is getting ugly (read: fun!). I'm on Tivo about 15 minutes behind you guys.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Wow, Rick Perry is not doing himself any favors.

Draft saved Draft deleted