1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential campaign theme songs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 19, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

And if he were running, that still wouldn't be amusing.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Just being tongue-in-cheek, mark. Much as I dislike the man's policies, I don't really think he's an idiot.

3. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Aapparently McCain has now opted for "Taking Care of Business" by BTO. Delightful.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Hillary might want to think about "Taps" at this point.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

NOFX's "Idiot Son of an Asshole" is much more appropriate. Of course, it's also written directly about Bush, while Green Day's tune is about the American culture.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I would suggest 'Pig in a Pen' by the bluegrass group Old and in the Way for the venerable John McCain.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

They ought to write their own damn songs. Or re-write existing ones.

"Insane in the membrane ... (Bomb Squad-ish high-pitched trumpet/sheep bleat) ... Insane for McCain!"

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Or do a rewrite on their anthem - "Stop thinking about tomorrow.... the presidency is gone.

9. jboy

jboy Guest

Simpsonsjack trivia:

What was Homer's intro song when he fought Frederick(?) Tatum in a boxing match?

(I laughed harder at that the first time I heard it than just about anything)

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think McCain should use something from when he was only about 40-years old. How about ‘Tain’t Nobody’s Bus’ness If I Do by Clarence Willams Blue Five? There will be less of a chance that it will be turned down.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

McCain should use "Ride of the Valkries" I don't think Wagner will contest it.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

maybe Obama should consider Springsteen's Land of Hope and Dreams

Can't get any of the YouTube videos for it to play, so it's just a link to the lyrics

Draft saved Draft deleted