1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Warren G. Harding was a damn freak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 7, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/magazine/letters-warren-g-harding.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.z_sma=MG_TLT_20140707&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1388552400000&bicmet=1420088400000&_r=2

Letters were released a few years ago after a settlement with his mistress' family that sealed them for 50 years. Someone finally got around to checking them out.

Jerry — you recall Jerry, whose cards I once sent you to Europe — came in while I was pondering your notes in glad reflection, and we talked about it. He was strongly interested, and elated and clung to discussion. He told me to say that you are the best and darlingest in the world, and if he could have but one wish, it would be to be held in your darling embrace and be thrilled by your pink lips that convey the surpassing rapture of human touch and the unspeakable joy of love’s surpassing embrace. I cordially agree with all he said. Perhaps it is not important maybe it is not even interesting, but he is devotedly, exclusively, for you. . . .

Jerry is his cock.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Warren G. Harding's libido was a minor plotline in Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

not the worst thing he did in office

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

John Henry and Seth Maxwell wonder what all the fuss is about.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Brett Favre laughs.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Warren Harding raised fighting chickens?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He came to snuff the rooster.

:eek: :eek:

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Wow. Imagine if a president wrote correspondences with a mistress like that today.

Another fine president from Ohio. The eight presidents from my home state make up some of the worst that have ever been in the office. Oh well, at least we can claim Grant.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

you sure you want to?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_S._Grant_presidential_administration_scandals

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What a great mag story.

"Your matchless breasts" ... "your pillowing breasts" ... Harding knew what he liked.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"Jerry loves your Teapot Domes."

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Harding is almost universally regarded as the worst President ever to sit in the White House. And it has been long speculated that he was murdered while in office, likely with the connivance of his wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted