1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A health care policy wasn't going to resolve what's happened there. What's more, I'm not sure he could have solved that issue alone. America's problems are bigger than what a president can solve; indeed, there's some evidence a president can't do as much as we think.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I never said Trump was murderer, so can't account for those who do.

As to Chris Hayes's Twitter feed, he has a right to his personal opinion.

Is there a certain amount of cruelty built into our immigration detention system?

According to President Trump there is, and it's there by design. As a deterrent.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure it’s news.

And, so, how did the media do covering the story?

Did they gather all the facts and fairly and accurately report what happened?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

1. Someone else did. Just like someone else suggested we should deport American-born rural types and replace them with refugees.

2. Yes, well, based on the words in the statement, he's wrong. He either doesn't know what cruelty is or he's being dramatic to get ass kisses on Twitter. Probably the latter.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or he would say it's not fair to criticize because some Democrat once did it. Y'all are engaging his whataboutism way too much.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You're talking about the same people who said they loved the ACA and hated Obamacare. These are the same people that gripe about government assistance, then vote for the same party that wants to take it away. The same people who demanded the dark-skinned people get locked up for years for possessing a pot cigarette, but now want compassion because addiction has come to their back yard.

At some point, it's not about coolness. It's about their perpetuation of their stereotype.

tapintoamerica and BadgerBeer like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Every attempt that goes awry will always be judged by its supporters as "Trying to do the right thing."

Whether it's a health plan, Vietnam, Iraq or Ukraine.

Insurance became more expensive with higher deductibles. "More" people were insured because they were mandated to be so . . . or else.

Maybe we should "mandate" employment like that to get the unemployment rate down to 0.0 percent. Find a job . . . or pay a $5,000 fine.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Donny in his element and Cosmo like this.
  9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Lol. But to YF it’s different when Trump does it.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

What was happening to insurance costs before Obamacare was enacted?

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I can't remember a year since 1987 (the first year I had my own health insurance) where deductibles or rates actually went down. They're going up with or without the ACA, because profit.

(Edit: Before you start, PROFIT IS NOT A BAD THING. In business. But I believe there are three things that should not be "run like a business": The government, education, and health care.

Iron_chet likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Dow fluctuated between 24,242 and 24,951 on December 6. You instructed to buy.

It is almost like you have zero fucking clue of what you are talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.