1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7A00413B-054C-4A7A-A454-DF8826825381.jpeg
    (From left to right, VP Pense, President Trump, Stephen Miller)

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

I like the Chyron that MSNBC and Chris Hayes used on that piece detailing events that date from 2010-2017: Trump’s America.

LOL.

Whose America was it until January 2017?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Obama is a better person than Trump. No argument there.

Doesn't make one a murderer and another not.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

"The rat symbolizes obviousness!"

garrow likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Buying the Dips: Secrets to Financial Success From a Coffee Machine Repairman in a Time of Idiots.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

766481D4-0FD2-40EE-AFF0-3AD1BF297F7E.jpeg

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People love holding the bag on buying a, say, S&P 500 ETF at the market peak and you see it lose, and lose and lose.

If you didn't listen to all that crap, and waited to buy now, you wouldn't be holding all these stinkers with 12% losses, 10% losses, etc.

This may not be a low point for the market either.

I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret that not too many insiders know about: You ready?

Nobody really knows how the market is going to behave.

If you listen to Trump dingbats on a message board, you deserve every loss you hold.

10. YankeeFan

Buy under 24,000. Sell over 26,0000.

Make money.

We’re testing the year lows now. It’s a buying opportunity.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I just don't feel comfortable buying into the market when the economy hasn't gone into a recession in 11 years. I know that might sound like foolishly trying to time the market, but I just can't do it.

This was so much easier in 2009 when either it was going to go up or our money was going to be on fire. I didn't have to think about that one.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That president liked basketball, ate almonds and did well on the late night talk shows.

He was also a better president than Trump. Every president since Nixon has been. But Obama's liberal support was culled less from the quality of his governance and more from the content of his coolness.

I've written it too many times, perhaps to the point of parody, but coolness - as defined by liberal moral righteousness and cultural tastes, is a powerful currency in America. It always has been to some degree but it's even more so, in a social media age. And it's left us off balance. Whenever wants to discuss why things fell apart in so many different parts of rural America, my answer is the same: Because they're uncool. They don't live in cool cities, they don't like cool things, a lot of them didn't go to the cool colleges rich white people did (if they went to colleges at all), and they weren't cool to care about because there's no liberal social currency to be gained from lamenting the decline of rural Ohio or Kentucky, West Virginia, where people die of despair, unexciting drugs and apathy. They were - they are - losers in the eyes of millions who live on the coasts. Rubes and dupes.

AIDS was an unforgettable health crisis. Awful. And for years, the government shamefully turned its back. The peak year for AIDS related deaths in the US was 1995, when 41,699 died.

42, 249 died of opioid overdoses in 2016. In 2017, it was projected to be near 50,000.

Overdose Death Rates

In 2018, who knows - maybe it's around the death toll of the Vietnam War. In one year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.