1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Neither your statement, not this one, "to be clear—they were either voted out or quit because they knew what was coming," is correct.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh wise and learned YF, do tell me how many of the 39 Republicans who have been voted out are represented here ...

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

melock and Slacker like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It is far more accurate than anything Trump said about his “almost perfect” achievement in this year’s midterms.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Missed one. Diane Black is front and center, and bitch is gone. She didn't run for her seat; she ran for governor instead. SHE. GOT. STROKED. She came in third in the primary.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

As for NATO, I am a Cold War veteran who served under Reagan and Bush, and my default setting will always be the mission of NATO. My job was to contain and keep in check the Soviet navy.
    Most veterans never truly let go of the war they fought. In my mind, Russians have been, are, and always will be the enemy of the United States and of democracy. I will never trust them. Putin is KGB. Period.
    Does that mean if I encounter a random person from Russia that I won't be polite? Of course not. But, nearly 30 years on, I will revert to hunting for Red October at the slightest impulse. I won't make an apologies for that.

EPILOGUE: It drives me nuts that the face of the U.S. Navy today is the SEALs. I was around those guys and respect the hell out of them, but because we have been fighting in the freaking desert for nearly two decades, the general public no longer immediately connects the Navy with men who go to sea.

Vombatus and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Too bad Putin wasn't as accomplished as Bush. That no-account Rooskie never got to be director of his country's intelligence agency.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Driftwood likes this.
  8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mississippians Are Gonna Adulate

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any polling on this one and I can't imagine it will be close, but the fact that Trump has to campaign for a Senate candidate in Mississippi is interesting.

Webster and garrow like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hectic day at work today, but checking social media: Did he really suggest raking the forest?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea what is in his head, for sure. But watching him since he was a candidate, and in the past few months in particular, he seemed to really enjoy running for president. ... has been a miserable pricking going further and further off the deep end since becoming president and actually being expected to do stuff. The closest he has seemed to being happy and enjoying himself since being elected was during that stretch prior to the midterms when he got to fly to rallies all over again and be the bullshit-artist-in-chief in front of adoring, moronic audiences, same as the adulation he soaked up at the rallies when he was running for president. I would guess his wanting to do rallies for her has nothing to do with her, or what her candidacy needs (as if he ever has done anything in life that wasn't about him, anyhow), and everything to do with doing rallies and standing in front of a podium talking out of his ass being the job he really wants.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    britwrit and lakefront like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.