1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Send them kilotons of tofu.

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

"Reveling in ignorance has become a central qualification to be able to call yourself a conservative in this era, to the country's great detriment." -- Steve Schmidt, former senior campaign official for John McCain, among others.

People voted FOR what you see above. They'll vote for it again. We are a lesser country for it.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

510.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fine. I can build an iron shield surrounding my house and say it's a deterrent to aliens. If no aliens attack . . . it worked!

I don't blame NATO for the collapse of the Soviet Union. I blame it for pushing us closer to conflict with the very thing it was created as a deterrent against. By inching ever so closer to its border. By acting as a force of military aggression near its border. Like a 5-year-old child, it just can't resist poking the bear. So it can scream "Evil bear!" when the animal has had enough and bears its teeth.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'll alert Czechoslovakia.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Matt the Acting AG draws a yuge crowd when he speaks

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is where we are as a species: arguing whether NATO played a role in protecting a free Europe from the Soviet Bloc. Jesus Christ.

We're getting to the point where we won't be able to agree on capital cities and the colour of the sky.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Are you saying that NATO shouldn’t have expanded into Eastern Europe?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm saying as part of an agreement that Russia would let America have its way in the reunification of Germany, Russia was promised that NATO would move NOT ONE INCH to the east.

Russia's got a point: The U.S. broke a NATO promise

NATO Expansion: What Gorbachev Heard | National Security Archive

Now, you can take the position that "Hey, I don't care what we promised. We won! And that's all that's important." But you must deal with the fact that this "victory" has planted seeds of justifiable mistrust and resentment that may come back to bite you in the ass for decades.

All so you can go to war for the likes of . . . Montenegro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.