1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have come to believe that the US economy will be in the fucking toilet in 2020, and Trump will get decimated. It's a weird thing to hope for.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’ve believed this for at least a year, and it’s all going to lay at the doorstep of the not-a-billionaire president.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No one can accurately predict recessions. No one. There's an old saying that the stock market has correctly forecast nine of the last four recessions. It is more likely than not that growth will slow by 2020, but that's about as far as anyone should go.

Hermes likes this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The far worse scenario is the economy is fine but he loses, and then everything collapses three months into the next Democratic administration, and Trump's yokel asshole supporters blame the new person. I mean, I used to think the next president will have it so easy, because Trump is not exactly a hard act to follow. But: What a mess to inherit. Like, rebuilding the EPA alone will be a full-time job, and it's a drop in the bucket.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm sure others have commented on this, but I love the inadvertent Trump-speak in the Twitter view: "XXXX people are talking about this." People are talking! You really hear it more and more!

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Saw the Netflix news yesterday.

Good lord, is this sustainable?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Trumpublican lies ... drink!!!