1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump hasn't even been accused of a crime.

Comey specifically told Trump he wasn't a target of the investigation, but refused to tell the public that.

Andrew McCabe, then the number two at the FBI, told Trump's first chief of staff, Reince Priebus, that a New York Times report about alleged contacts between Trump campaign aides and Russian intelligence was BS.

Carter Page, who the FBI called an agent for a foreign power, in their application to the FISC for a warrant on him, has not been charged with any crime.

If their was "collusion" between the Trump campaign, and Russia, Page would have been at the nexus of it, and yet, no charges have been filed against him.

Papadopoulos, Flynn, and Manafort, who we would also expect to be deeply involved in any collusion have not been charged with any collusion related crimes.

And, so, the only investigation of Trump is centered around whether they can charge the guy who turned over every document sought, who waived privilege, and allowed his WH Counsel to be interviewed by the Special Counsel, with obstruction, because he told Comey that he hoed he could let Flynn go, and subsequently fired Comey, which was his right to do.

Good luck with that.

Trump didn't commit any crime during the campaign, and you can't criminalize actions that are within the President's authority to take.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

McCain asking Bush to eulogize him is wonderful!

Cruz asking Trump to campaign for him is humiliating.

Pick one.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no. There is no contradiction there. But between this and the previous post, it really is fun to watch you flail about in sad desperation.

Now you can go back to your safe space so we can get back to reasonable conversations here. Thanks.;

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

So, why is wonderful for McCain to forgive Bush for the harshness of the 2000 campaign, including the ugliness of the South Carolina primary, but not o.k. for Cruz to reconcile with Trump after the harshness of the 2016 campaign?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You don't understand the difference between a funeral and a campaign? Please, go back home. Send DQ instead. We could use a conservative with some intelligence and integrity here and you don't qualify.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Would you hire a babysitter charged but not convicted of sexual child abuse?
    I’ll hang up and take your answer off the air

7. heyabbott

8. YankeeFan

Your response makes no sense at all.

Why is it more understandable to want your former political foe to speak at your funeral, as opposed to campaign for you?

I would think the former, being more personal, would be an even tougher bar to clear, than simply having a previous rival appear on your behalf at a political event.

Please tell me why you view it differently.

9. heyabbott

10. YankeeFan

Are you referencing this?

“I think he’s been a great leader, but I don’t want my daughter near him.”

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

McCain asking Bush to speak at his funeral isn’t the right comparison to Cruz/Trump.

McCain asking Karl Rove to speak is the correct answer. Which of course he didn’t. LOL, dummy, etc.

Have a great Labor Day everyone. Time unplug and enjoy a wonderful day.

BadgerBeer and lakefront like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No golf on Labor Day? I wonder what's up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.