1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

0F7978D3-5FBE-474A-9F1E-55A950917A12.jpeg

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Past week? How about since Jan. 20, 2017.

lakefront likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And his dad helped kill JFK? Man, that family was like a homicidal version of Forrest Gump in the 60s.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think I’ve written this before on the thread, but the ritual humiliation of Ted Cruz is by far the the most likable feature of Trump.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sigh. Ala-Damn-Bama, ladies and gents.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Your Bono notes notwithstanding :) , this is a great little gem of a story.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still can't imagine any scenario where Beto O'Rourke wins that race. I suppose that it's close is a big deal. But maybe it won't end up being close, either.

But Trump stumping for Cruz is just stomach-turning. Two very unlikeable people.

Lots of people are going to vote for Cruz. But the video and tweets of Trump destroying him? It's a special kind of political blinder to support both Cruz and Trump. Souls sold, etc.

Assuming O'Rourke doesn't win, it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. Seems like the type of candidate the Dems want/need on the national stage. But can't get there from where he is without winning.

Of course, there is an idiot president who never held any office, so who knows? The old rules don't matter.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Trump's approval continues to slide it might lead to a few more GOP voters to stay home.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That would be nice. Skeptical though. Dems have enthusiasm over Trumpublicans in the midterms. But I'll believe turnout when I see it. Lazy-ass Dems don't turn out in off years. What used to be the Republican party shows up, no matter what.

If Dems don't unite and show up this time, then they never will. Hopeful but not buying it until I see it.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It'll be a five-point Cruz win. The Texas DMV is shuttering offices in order to prevent people from registering. They're not going to let that seat slip away. They'll do whatever it takes.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Voting against the Republicans, particularly those endorsed by Trump, is going to motivate a lot of Democrats this year. Off year or not, people are pretty motivated.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

To be fair, he is a member of congress. It's not like he's some nobody.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.