1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Spelling's never gotten in his way before ...

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's given exclusive interview after interview with the two reporters in question. This rant is for his fans only. He's not really mad at them.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

How many immigrant children still separated from their parents?

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

How should the rest of us respond to a President who paints a false impression?

TigerVols likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How long had Kagan been a federal judge, and how many judicial decisions had she rendered, that we could review, when she was nominated to the SCOTUS?

6. YankeeFan

These ICE stories, even when we don't learn that the detainee is wanted for murder, are ridiculous as well.

Is there ever a convenient time to get arrested?

Am I to assume that everyone detained by ICE under the Obama administration had surrendered to authorities, at a time of their convenience, in response to a request from ICE?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I disagree with this Sunday's New York Times report. I voluntarily allowed Mr. McGann to speak to Mr. Mueller in regards to the Russia investigation in an effort to fully cooperate and prove the innocence of myself and my staffers. A foreign government interfering with an election in the United States will not be tolerated, regardless of who may benefit from it. Our country's strength lies in our free and fair election system."

See? It's called acting like an adult.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  8. Baron Scicluna

You know there's a bit of difference between arresting someone who is sitting on their couch watching TV and someonewho is rushing their pregnant wife to the hospital, don't you?

Also, their legal rep is calling bullshit on the homicide warrant. Time will tell on who is actually telling the truth on it.

9. YankeeFan

You know that law enforcement always prefers to make an arrest when the subject least expects it, when they have the most control of the situation, and when they are put in the least risk, right?

Even if they are staking someone out, and looking to arrest them, they will wait until they leave the house, rather than going in.

This is standard procedure.

And, while I know nothing of the details of the Mexican warrant, are you suggesting that we should not honor a request to detain someone that Mexico tells us is wanted for murder?

10. YankeeFan

I'm just shocked that this important update to the story didn't receive as many retweets as the original tweet:

11. Baron Scicluna

Has Mexico asked to detain the suspect? All we have is ICE saying it, and they only said it after the family went to the media.

Also, if they were staking out the suspect, wouldn't they see he was with his pregnant wife when he left the house and wouldn't they notice that an arrest in the presence of the pregnant wife could cause some risk?

12. Baron Scicluna

Precisely proving your side wrong. By withholding the information that the detainee was a homicide suspect, ICE made it look like they decided to pick up a suspect who was driving his pregnant wife to the hospital just for being in the country illegally.

ICE could have avoided a lot of this controversy if they just said it was for a homicide warrant in the first place.

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.