1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gosh, it would so be out of character for Trump to use the N word!

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

what on earth are you complaining about? His base will freaking love this! If there is actual proof, and the deplorables actually hear him say it, his numbers are going to skyrocket.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Based on what?

Has anyone ever said they heard him say the word?

If he said it on the set of the Apprentice even, how come no one has come forward, on the record, saying so?

People who have worked with him, and had acrimonious splits from him, haven't made the claim. His ghost writer -- who hates him -- hasn't claimed it.

If this was "in his character" you'd think there's be some evidence that he's said it.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

A-hem.

He is really very openly super racist. That's what's on The Apprentice tapes, I would guess. And people like Mark Burnett don't want them released because they never pushed back when Trump said something awful. They laughed or groaned or whatever, and they know that whomever was in the room with him those days will be cooked, and Trump won't be. Because his followers are racist, too.

I hope I'm wrong about the bolded part.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If he is caught on tape saying the N-word, not one of his supporters will change their minds about him, will they? They know he's racist already, and they're still there.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No, I was thinking more along the lines of Germany, Australia, Japan, Sweden, France, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Austria, Ireland, Belgium, etc. I'm not gonna enter a protracted debate with you, as that's nothing but a waste of time, instead I'll just drop a few links:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-full-list
    The 19 countries with the highest standard of life
    List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia
    These 10 countries have the best quality of life
    Where does the U.S. rank in this list of the 50 countries with the best quality of life?

Contrary to what some of our flag waivers want to believe, Americans do not live the best lives in the world. In fact, there's a rather lengthy list of nations whose citizens, on average, live better than we do. And they all do so under governments that successfully maintain universal health care systems without any walls "crumbling" down.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    BTExpress likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Does the copy and pasting of facebook memes and passing it off as your own words show your ability to think critically?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That's where the good high-merit immigrants are from.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You defended this hiring.

Slacker and typefitter like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I bolded the important part for you.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Release the tapes or STFU.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.