1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that the board will be fine but I still miss some posters - particularly among the women who have left. The posters I've met in person seem to be the ones whose absence I really feel.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Here's the thing.

YF makes the same kind of mistake. Because he's an ideologue, he figures everyone who disagrees with him is also an ideologue.

Not so.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You're elevating trump-trolls to that of a sentient being. It's a mistake to do that. They are in it for the reaction, the attention and to inflict discomfort among thoughtful people. It's not a substantive discussion, it is irrational vitriol masquerading as discourse.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is my taste in indie rock coming back into style too?

Please say yes. I’m tired of pretending I like dance music.

lcjjdnh and Donny in his element like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing about that. YF is no different in that respect than almost every poster who regularly posts on the politics thread.

SnarkShark likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I am listening the shit out of Death From Above 1979 as I type, so you and me both, brother.

Hermes likes this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In his defense, He did mention that he had--iirc--a demanding father who had to have everything stated correctly---something like that. It was a big a-ha moment for me to read that. It is hard not to pick up some of your parents personality. I wanted to tell him that nicely, one time, that he was demanding of the people on the board--not in a good way--just like he described his father. We all do stuff like that, sometimes it rings a bell when we say things and think "crap I sound just like my mother/father" Sometimes it is good, but usually not.

Songbird likes this.
  8. typefitter

This is amazing. You're like a walking Far Side cartoon.

BadgerBeer and Fred siegle like this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Most of the people here will answer questions about their opinions, explain their thoughts. He --like you-- would often avoid that.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

To clarify, you're speaking about Dick?

11. typefitter

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You just can’t quit me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.