1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was also predictable. Welcome back!

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, YankeeFan, since you've been gone, you have been able to avoid the most burning question of them all:

Which do you prefer? The hitter with a .350 wOBA and 70 RBI, or the hitter with .300 wOBA and 110 RBI?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

It leaves some of the pages weirdly short. I might've used it for a couple people, but I still see them when I read at work.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's better when the penalty box doors remain shut. Unless you're letting others in.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We all know I love @Songbird, but he’s lost his mind.

I conceded the “wins” argument in humiliation about four seasons ago.

I don’t know why he’s hanging his hat on RBI.

Dick Whitman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The one and only party of true Christian values.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I like Slippin’ Jimmy better, but that one is taken.

HC likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

James Comey’s Interview on ABC’s ‘20/20’: Annotated Excerpts

‘He is morally unfit to be president.’

"I don’t buy this stuff about him being mentally incompetent or early stages of dementia. He strikes me as a person of above average intelligence who’s tracking conversations and knows what’s going on. I don’t think he’s medically unfit to be president. I think he’s morally unfit to be president.

"A person who sees moral equivalence in Charlottesville, who talks about and treats women like they’re pieces of meat, who lies constantly about matters big and small and insists the American people believe it — that person’s not fit to be president of the United States, on moral grounds. And that’s not a policy statement. Again, I don’t care what your views are on guns or immigration or taxes.

"There’s something more important than that that should unite all of us, and that is our president must embody respect and adhere to the values that are at the core of this country. The most important being truth. This president is not able to do that. He is morally unfit to be president."

‘He will stain everyone around him.’

"The challenge of this president is that he will stain everyone around him. And the question is, how much stain is too much stain and how much stain eventually makes you unable to accomplish your goal of protecting the country and serving the country? So I don’t know."

lakefront likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1. Welcome back.

2. That doesn’t change what Chelsea wrote.
    2a. A friend worked for Mrs. Bush in the White House. She is devastated that Mrs. Bush is dying. And she makes Bernie look conservative. Politics didn’t trump decency and kindness for Mrs. Bush.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Welcome back to a GREAT American, you have been missed @YankeeFan!

QYFW likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.