1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But CNN didn't know about all of this before they put on that disgrace of a town hall meeting, where the Sheriff grandstanded?

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.

Goodrum said in a statement to CNN, "Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other." Goodrum declined to comment on the content of their conversation.

Sources: Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school - CNNPolitics

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like there's plenty of blame to go around on this one. No one side owns it all, but there are a couple (FBI, school guard) who come out looking very badly.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hat tip to Josh Moon for flogging the alt-right wingnuts right there in the heart of Bama Lama Ding Dong Land (and everywhere else, too) ...

I do wonder if they ever get tired of being wrong all the time. I mean, just consider all of the absolute BS you’ve believed over the past couple of years.

That Obama was coming for your guns. That Hillary was dying. That Obama was a secret terrorist. That Sandy Hook didn’t happen. That there was a war on cops. That Mexico would pay for a wall. That Trump would release his tax returns. That George Soros is funding everything liberal. That coal jobs would magically return. ...

I don’t know what Robert Mueller’s investigation will ultimately find in terms of collusion. But I do know this: If a good chunk of our population doesn’t take more pride in receiving and vetting information from reliable, trusted sources of news, it won’t matter.

With our current level of willful stupidity, we’ll remain easy targets.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Josh basically got run out of the Montgomery Advertiser because he did solid investigative work and because he wrote what he thought, without filtering it or moderating his tone. He pissed off a lot of people while working the Capitol beat down in Monkeytown. Picking him up was a very good get for the Alabama Political Reporter, because they're not going to try to gag him. I really like his work.

Slacker likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Seems to me using the SoFla branch of the FBI's failure to stop this maniac as proof the Russia investigators are corrupt would be about the same as saying the Missouri governor's blackmail proves Donald Trump sexually molested those 20+ accusers.

What the hell does one have to do with the other?

BadgerBeer, Webster and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

So far as I'm concerned, the FBI dropped the ball on at least one (if not more) valid tips about the shooter before it happened. Trying to force that into a narrative about FBI incompetence is bullshit, part of Trump's strategy, and I reject that completely.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

I see lawsuits incoming, followed by people digging hard to find out what they're trying to cover up.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Why, it's almost like Kevin McCarthy wasn't joking when he was caught on tape talking about Dana Rohrabacher!

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Could the FBI, on the information available, seize his legally acquired firearms?

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe they didn't have a trained eye?

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.