1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Mussolini was very popular with the one-issue Italian commuters, who needed the efficient trains.

Pete, DanielSimpsonDay and BadgerBeer like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, who would have thought this guy would be the most powerful person on the planet?

I did NOT see that coming.

stevedoocy2-Edit.jpg

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They might be spiking his McNuggets and shake.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I think it was Gee that brought it up but getting in tight with Fox and Friends would be a great way to "talk" directly to Trump. Pretty crazy that saying something on that abortion of a show stands a pretty good chance of influencing the President.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I worked with a woman from Norway in New Mexico.

She too moved back to Norway.

I like coffee too!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Missouri Governor is looking over what's left in his re-election campaign fund.

HanSenSE and Webster like this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

You and I agree on this, cran. The economy will run its course - probably late 2019/early 2020. So much of today feels like 2007. Housing is maxxed out.

I also believe the Republicans will do a terrible job of selling the economy and they'll likely focus on things that the voters don't really care about.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Which part? The part regarding how little influence Congress/WH actually have? Or the part regarding how this Congress and this WH are going to run it in the ground? Or (and this one’s my favorite) the part suggesting that this latest expansion wouldn’t end but for this Congress and this WH?

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's fine, Dick. I truly don't have a dog in the fight. I like some of his stuff, some is meh. You have every right to express your opinion, no skin off my nose.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The expansion has reached the part of its time line where historically recessions happen in a couple of years. But of course, that's like those sports stats that go Team X is 10-3 on Thursday nights this season. It doesn't predict anything. Nobody has ever known when a recession is around the corner and nobody is ever gonna know. What we do know is that speculative booms always end in busts, but there's little evidence that we are in such a boom in any asset. Stock and bond prices are high, but they haven't soared as house prices did in 2004-2007.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is that you, undead Johnny Cash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.