1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And a lot of them ended up in cold dark rooms.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I guess that's true. My brother was over, and we were watching MSNBC, so I wasn't looking at much else.

I figured they were trying to build some suspense with their talk about Virginia being close.

I assumed, like every election previously, Republican leads would be erased as the big city returns came in.

Even when Florida and North Carolina came on, I figured Hillary would hold serve, and win.

Only when my brother started looking at the Times projection on his phone did I start to realize Trump might actually win.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Naw, but he's not talking about KILLING someone.
    LOL!!

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Off topic from politics a bit, but the idea of Songbird making fun of someone else's irrational thoughts is a good humorous start to this thread.

wicked and dixiehack like this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Is Trump going to literally Hitler? Probably not. But he tapped into the same emotions and the same people who voted for him and normalized him would have been doing the same in 1920s Germany. The only thing saving us is that his insanity manifests differently and he doesn't have the health to play any sort of long game.

But if you ever wondered how the German people let him get to power at all, now you know.

The rush to defend and normalize what he is is nothing new:

"Hitler's only kidding about the antisemitism" New York Times, 1922

6. Starman

Hitler wasn't HITLER until he had been in power half a decade and Hitler wasn't HITLER for even a few years after that.

Before then he was just a creepy looking vaguely Chaplinesque fucker who yelled and screamed a lot.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Due to the percentages, if the harassment, assault, etc. of minorities and women by male Trump enthusiasts (once again, small minority of actual Trump voters) continues, inevitably one of the harassed will have a firearm, and the harasser will be dead or close to it. This won't be a good thing.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, he started out ok, but went too far?

Ace likes this.
  9. Starman

Yeah, Bigly.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did he fuck his daughter too?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's not ill wishing, YF. It's been done to NY before, and putting the President into one of those towers makes it into the biggest, most desirable terrorist target imaginable. The White House has air defenses, bunkers underneath, procedures in place to move the president within minutes including by air. Trump Tower could have all that added and it would still be a compromise solution at best. It's full of hundreds, thousands, of members of the public. In a crunch people would be moving in all directions, crowding things up.

I'm not certain that the Secret Service has the pull to stop him from living there, but you know they'll yell like hell.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Stand your ground. Second Amendment rights. 'Murica.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.