1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

More from Robert Reich:

Trump's agenda is a cruel hoax. He promised to "save coal country" during the campaign, but now his administration has begun to eliminate protections for miners against black lung disease.

When I ran the Labor Department, one of our goals was to reduce this cruel and inhumane condition affecting miners who have had excessive exposure to coal dust. We made progress. But earlier this week, Trump's Department of Labor ordered a review of regulations that had sought to improve mining conditions and reduce black lung. Who's behind the move? Trump tapped a former coal company executive to run the Department's Mine Safety and Health Administration -- a man who has railed against safety protections for miners.

To coal miners who voted for Trump: You've been had. Trump is a conman who has never had your best-interests at heart. He wants to make mines more dangerous while also cutting workforce development programs in your communities. The coal companies that donate to his campaign are profiting at your expense. You deserve a president who cares about you, not someone who sells you out. So do all Americans.

The coal miner’s president: Trump moves to weaken black lung prot...

[​IMG]

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's no CNN, I'll grant you that.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump admin gives CDC list of 7 forbidden words, including fetus, transgender, diversity

"Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are: "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of "science-based" or "evidence-based," the suggested phrase is "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes," the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered."

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The “science-based” one pisses me off the most.

They’re fucking scientists, you cavemen. These jerkoffs won’t stop until they win the war on objective reality.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Because he's gained weight and doesn't want to acknowledge it?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.