1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The GOP could have bullied Moore out of the race. If they'd come out hard, all of them, against him after the stories, the pressure would have been enormous. Instead they pulled their cynical cowardly "the people of Alabama will decide" crap, and the party quietly went back to funding him. A normal candidate would have won. They let Bannon and Trump lead them down into the darkness, and it will continue to doom them if they don't find a way off this crazy train.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I hope so.

We should have already learned our lesson, but I want better candidates than Roy Moore (even the pre child molestation allegations version of Roy Moore).

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's one thing to be a shameless partisan twit, but to go so far as to support a child molester for the U.S. Senate may take it to another level, so I thought it was worth reminding folks about that one.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's not, though. But it's a clear Fuck You to Moore.

That should be enough on its own. And it is.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don’t why anyone engages him. It’s not a debate, he’s just a parrot.

Slacker likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Youre going to have a 12 year old scotch and Roy Moore is just going to have a 12 year old.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well, I certainly expected Alabama and Virginia, those those bastions of liberalism, to thoroughly reject Trump about a year after his election, didn't you?

tapintoamerica and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Jones: "I've been waiting my whole life and I just don't know what the hell to say."

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Saw on Twitter that Moore won’t concede the race

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s still their dream, and with Trump and McConnell running things, I’m sure he’s got his VW gassed up

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Chuck on stage with Jones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.