1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Do you think the republicans in the Senate will actually refuse to seat him? No chance of that refusal.
    By having put their financial resources into the race after seeing the peril of abstinence, they're made it clear they want him in there. Attempting to block his formal entry into the fold will simply get them sued. . If history is a guide, the issue will take several months to be resolved in the courts. They won't stand for that. They've made it clear that they want a possible pedophile in their midst because he'll deliver the votes they want. All the while, they'll claim to be the one and only party of true American, Christian values, and they've created the gerrymandered infrastructure to ensure they never lose power.
    They won't mess with that.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes, I think they'll keep him from caucusing, etc. if he is seated. I guess I should amend and say good chance he doesn't serve near a full term.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

McConnell already campaigned against him. He'd be anything but a dependable vote. Your rant doesn't hold water.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, if you're willfully obtuse and disingenuous, they are exactly the same.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You mean the Mitch McConnell who, after saying he'd oppose Moore's presence, now says he'll let the people of Alabama decide? That Mitch McConnell?

A year ago, several republicans claimed moral outrage over the Access Hollywood tape. Intolerable, they said. Enough to compel them to rescind support.
    Then Trump wins and what do they do? They pretend the guy wearing their uniform is just like any other official. They wrap their arms around bigots like Franklin Graham and Jerry Falwell and Trump in a group hug. And they will do it again with Moore, who lest we forget, says Muslims shouldn't be allowed to serve in Congress.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Technically, I don't believe they can refuse to seat him. They can just expel him after he is seated.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

But emails, careless with classified information, what is she hiding, lock her up, etc.

lakefront and poindexter like this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Forget it, Jake, he's Chlamydia.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand why you quoted yourself on this post. I wasn't questioning, countering or even casting doubt upon your post. Just questioning Junior's claim of attorney/client privilege - which may or may not be legitimate depending upon who was in the room.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Many sides, right!

No. One side is getting rid of sexual abusers. The other side is looking the other way.

11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Same reason they interview LaVar Ball, people watch this stupidity and they make money.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Meh, he found a way to make a good living off of stupid people, much like Clay Travis. I admire his hustle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.