1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I’ve bent over backward to try to get along with you. I’ve tried to engage with you. I’ve tried to joke with you. I thought we were getting somewhere when you cracked back about fighting at Penn Station. But then you go right back to calling me names and pissing on who I am, what I’ve been able to make of my life. The thing is, I don’t want shit from you, other than common civility. That's not you, though. After all, you "believe in sides."

I’m not mad any more. I’m sad. I subscribe to more magazines than anyone I know, more than anyone most people know. And the one magazine writer I interact with is an enormous asshole, and I can’t really find a way to try to deny that anymore.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    SnarkShark likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Quant-
    I meant there's more to prestige than the Ivys.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's a play on an old line. It's not as important as you think.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe if you had something important in common he'd give you his time.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

You can't be serious.
    Even Pierce wrote Obama was not especially well qualified to be president.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I see. But if you're in the humanities, getting a gig at one of those is as hard as getting one at the Ivys. You won't work your way up to one, I guarantee you.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was making a joke, based on your line to YF earlier this week.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Ah. Can't remember that. I'll need the minutes.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

There has to be an exception somewhere. I am thinking along the lines of, say, one of the women from Hidden Figures toiling in a doctoral program in the sticks and then going on to teach at an Ivy.
    Someone on the cutting edge of scholarship and/or innovation who got lost in the cracks.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You did something noble and said that his post about my kids was his @daemon post. So it was also a burn, but I appreciated it.

Of course, now I'm wondering if you were being genuine. I'm going to say you were, because that makes me feel better.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's OK. I was. Kids should be off-limits. Related, that's why when I sincerely share something about my kids and it gets ignored, it pisses me off.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes, I can. Government and business are two different things.
    How is the businessman who is now President doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.