1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary poster.

melock likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did he really wonder about the potential tit size of a 1-year-old?

Really?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Don't get me started. The 1902 Alabama constitution did two things, institutionalize Jim Crow laws and protect large landowners from property taxes. Alabama's property tax is among the lowest in the nation as a result. Much of the state and local budget runs off of sales taxes instead. Since I live in Jefferson County (Birmingham), I pay 10% sales tax.

Edit: and yes, we pay taxes on food and prescriptions.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live somewhere with a top ten state government instead of sucking swampwater at the bottom.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You didn't know? It made the rounds a year ago and was discussed widely.

melock likes this.
  5. Songbird

I was taking tips on how to grab one's pussy so I must've missed that lesson.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well you can always move up to a blue state like NJ, where you will save a huge 3% on sales tax. I'd wager your property tax will go up a tad,

New Jersey Property Taxes By County - 2017

looked up Alabama,average is $398. that is insane. how do the schools operate. i'd be ecstatic to pay 4K a year. i mean i don't like taxes, but realize they are needed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Finally, an honest intellectual justification for the "Deny, Deny, Deny!" blanket policy. Only chumps admit anything, ever. Just lie your ass off, and then claim with a straight face that it actually puts you on the moral high ground.

Roy Cohn would be so proud of his star pupil and his paid spokespeople.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What embarrassment does it cause? He was a comedian. Go ahead and resign as there is a Dem Gov so they won't lose a vote but I'm not sure this rises to the level of automatic resignation. There will be plenty more of these to come and every man that pinched an ass 35 years ago will not be resigning.

9. Songbird

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He's a comedian who, two years before seeking election to the senate, thought it was okay to sexually harass or assault (depending on whether you believe the photo shows actual contact or now) a sleeping woman because she was unconscious and couldn't object to his sexual violation of her.

Fuck him and fuck people who minimize that behavior.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I wasn't responding to the picture. I was responding to the Leslie Stahl jokes. But if we must, I don't believe he was even touching her in that very, very stupid attempt at humor with the picture. It was boorish behavior and I find it in extremely poor taste but if he wasn't touching her how can it be sexual assault? I am not defending him but we are going to have to look at these events going forward and every single bit of boorish male behavior will not rise to the level of resigning. If I grabbed a girl in the ass in college (as far as I remember I never did), should I resign?

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As I said, if he wasn’t touching her, it was the worst kind of harassment. If he was touching her, it was full-on sexual assault.

Franken was not in college. He was in his 50s, two years before he ran for Senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.