1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FileNotFound and Dick Whitman like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Every time you think we've hit a new low, the bottom drops out.

Yes, these are accusations against Moore. But nobody seems to be saying it didn't happen. Instead they're saying sexual conduct with a 14--year-old is justified.

This is beyond disgusting. Even for Fox News and it's merry band of state-run media.

BadgerBeer, Dick Whitman and HanSenSE like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Some things are very predictable.
    In order:
    1) Conservative Christian hero Roy Moore says the charges are all lies concocted by the libruhl Washington Post. In so saying, he does not address whether he will sue in order to clear his name.
    2) Alabama Republicans, whose party is, as we know, the one and only true party of Christian family values, say, "If he did it, it's not a big deal."

4. Michael_ Gee

"Christian" in Alabamaese (and in much of Republicanese) means "older white men can do whatever they want, because Jesus was an old white guy, too."

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am absolutely beyond astounded. I’m too astounded to be outraged.

6. tapintoamerica

But what about Hillary's emails?

Baron Scicluna and Webster like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Y’all, the Moore stuff is no big deal because King David had a few hundred concubines. #HannityLogic

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

Mitch McConnell: still not an Alabama voter.
    tparti
    McConnell-aligned super pac Senate Leadership Fund -- "There is no place in our party for sexual predators."
    Nov 9, 2017, 3:55 PM

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And Uranium One! Don't forget about Uranium One.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

There's a month (33 days actually) until this election. Unlikely the story goes away. Much more likely more women come forward. That's been the pattern of these stories so far. And really, really unlikely James Comey writes a letter to the Congress about Doug Jones' email server. Moore has done almost no public appearances since the primary, because he's yellow. I wouldn't be surprised if all his appearances from now on are in heretic Christian, excuse me, evangelical churches who know the Trump administration won't enforce the law against such campaigning. There's nothing the heretics like better than wallowing in their sense of persecution. If only they WERE persecuted.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So tell me, how does someone who is below the age of consent give consent? This is statutory rape, and by a District Attorney at that. Hannity is going to sprain his back carrying that much water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.