1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing about Puerto Rico. Very sadly, many people there will die or already have. But many many times more will leave as soon as they can, since the place is essentially uninhabitable and will be for some time. As American citizens, they can settle anywhere on the mainland and become voters. It's unlikely they'll vote Republican if they blame Trump for their miseries and forced departure from their homes.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know that. I also know that it is the Kaepernick thing that will keep others from taking the lead on the next protest. Nobody is going to want to be "Protestor Zero." Sure, let the followers do their thing - but the leader? Ask Curt Flood.

Deskgrunt50 and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

It is my understanding any protest would fall under the CBA and it could be grieved and litigated if Jones acted on his own against a player.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That meme/urban legend has never been verified by anybody associated with the Cowboys.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Great job with the boycott!

6. Michael_ Gee

Trump created an event about which people were genuinely curious. Naturally ratings went up.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

There goes Most Popular Driver Award No. 18. Who am I kidding? He'll just win by 50,000 votes this year instead of 100,000.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Ratings for the games themselves were down...Rovell just reported Alejandro Villanueva's jersey is the NFL's best-seller over the past 24 hours

Doc Holliday and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wonder what our system looks like.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe. I saw Jerry in an interview saying he is against the protesting. And something about one of the players' girlfriends saying they are not allowed to do so.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Anything that drives a player's identity up drives up jersey sales. It's why Kaepernick's jerseys still sell well. He is missing a bet, BTW, by not creating and licensing his own jersey as long as he's unemployed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.