1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As a Tigers fan, there were significant stretches of the last 10 years calling anybody Rajai in reference to Davis would be something of a diss. Then the guy nearly became Bill Mazeroski.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well, here's another debatable case of Trump's racism. The Merck CEO was the first to quit his council. He is also African American. He was also the only CEO called out by name by Trump. Everyone else who quit got a pass. Now, did Trump call him out because he was first? Or because he was African American?

I imagine if you polled 100 white people and 100 black people on that question, you would get pretty different results. Who's right?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All the others quit together and after him, right?

It seems pretty clear that's the reason why. But I can understand why people would feel otherwise, I guess.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This seems like a good example of our society right now. People get offended, they get angry. They don't discuss it. People offend, they get defensive. They don't discuss it. And then there's a fight.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

They quit after, because he was the first, but not in a bunch. It was one by one. Then Trump "disbanded" it before they all quit.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When your most visible advocates to keep Civil War statues are Nazis and white supremacists - consider the cause lost.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You're really reaching here.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Then why would Fucko get pissed when people call him a misogynistic fascist shitbag?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We had a black guy that played hockey with us about 25 years ago whose nickname was elbow.

Great guy, and still a friend, anyways I was hurt and started the year late.I figured he was a Gordie Howe clone that's why he had the nickname. After my first practice I asked a few guys about elbow, didn't really get a response.

Practice is over and for some reason nobody is showering, I'm never the first in the shower, but so be it offf to the shower. I'm scrubbing ny shortcoming when in comes elbow. Needless to say his nickname had nothing to do with Gordie Howe and everything to do with how big is his hog was. The damn thing was so big it had an elbow in it.

The room was in stitches, elbow was howling.

I'm not sure that is funny anymore, I think it is but I'm not sure.

There were a lot of things said and done back then that I cringe about now. I imagine hockey lockerooms were as bad if not worse than most.

The President of the United States should not be teetering that line.

Johnny Dangerously and Riptide like this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Almost mistook you for Starman there.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Confused, I was just giving a hard pass on bubble tea.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Great story.

I agree a lot of this is very unbecoming of a POTUS.

But how did we get here?

You've given an example of how far we've come in being politically correct.

But have we gone so far that it allowed someone to stand out in the crowd acting like what some would call the good old days?

Just thinking here. I guess, in general, I wish we were all closer to the middle on all issues.

Kumbaya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.