1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, shit. It's different. Therefore, how can anyone possibly make an analogy to point out how people make decisions every day?

You can shut up any conversation with, "It's different!" It's how we end up with intentions getting confused with results, and the predictable consequences.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There is a difference between trying to watch medical costs and going to the lowest bidder. I'm not going to the after hours clinic unless there is absolutely no other choice. My experience is that if a physician is working at the Doc in the Box, there's a reason.

3. Neutral Corner

"(CNN)The Senate's marathon debate to dismantle Obamacare enters Day Two on Wednesday, as Republican senators continue painstaking deliberations to reach an ultimate agreement on health care reform.

The first order of business: senators will consider as an amendment an Obamacare repeal bill -- without an immediate replacement -- that Congress passed in 2015 and was vetoed by former President Barack Obama.
    That proposal would significantly gut the Affordable Care Act by repealing its unpopular individual and employer mandates, ending Medicaid expansion and rolling back a slew of the law's taxes. The repeal would not go into effect for two years -- a "transition period" during which Republicans would draft a replacement plan."

Vote on repeal and delay soon.

4. Neutral Corner

And yes, I'm aware of Jeb Stuart's "A soldier who won't fuck won't fight" quote.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yup - swear to god, after I read this I went to my facebook, and my niece, whom I love dearly, and who loved Hillary like you wouldn't believe, had a long facebook rant against Trump's tweets.

They are good and energized right now. Its like YF is pulling the puppet strings.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I'd argue many people are incapable of synthesizing some of the more complex medical information coming at them. I'd also argue the things people most value are themselves and their family, and will thus be primed for acting irrationally.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A health care organization faces fixed costs and variable costs. It answers to multiple stakeholders with varying perspectives and expectations. It requires revenues to ensure the continued inflows of the resources it needs. If, at the end of the day, it doesn't create value in excess of the value of those resources, some other entity will be given a chance with them.

You don't understand the comparison because you're unwilling to understand.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Right. It's not proper to observe they may be intellectually challenged. What do you think you are, some smarty pants?

You think you're so damn smart mister smarty man because you done gone to kollege and you lerned numberin and all that smarty man stuff.

You see, if you understand the mathematical statement, "65,800,000 > 62,900,000," that makes you a egghead intellectual elitist.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

What I mean is, I find the commodification of human sickness and suffering to be morally and spiritually abhorrent.

BadgerBeer and FileNotFound like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.