1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He wants to pull that kind of indoctrination shit, he needs to get a college gig.

YankeeFan, Batman and doctorquant like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It looks like she deleted her original post, and then re-posted it, but the replies to the original were golden.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wonder what the reaction would be if someone assigned God and Man at Yale?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Somewhere in DNC headquarters, there's a big book of Mad Libs that doubles as press release boilerplate, right? Just change around the issues a bit and accuse them of wanting to kill/tax the sick/elderly/poor/huddled masses and keep women/minorities/anyone else from achieving the American dream that they've reserved for the rich/rich/rich.

Every single issue, every single time. Like f'n clockwork.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

House Intel Dem says Trump's tweet about 'tapes' not enough

"Regardless of whether the President intends his tweets to be an official reply to the House Intelligence Committee, the White House must respond in writing to our committee as to whether any tapes or recordings exist," Schiff said in a statement.

Trump's admission that the purported White House recordings don't exist "raises as many questions as it answers," Schiff said, including why the president would suggest otherwise and whether he had done so to intimidate Comey."

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Are you contending that the AHCA does not give an enormous tax cut to the top income bracket? Or that the tax cut is not being paid for by cutting Medicaid by a trillion dollars? Or that cutting a trillion dollars from Medicaid will not result is less care and less effective care?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Maybe stop doing it then

service_gamer and dixiehack like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's simple fact. It's the arithmetic of the bill. Perhaps if the Republicans in Congress weren't so sociopathic, Democrats wouldn't say things that make Batman feel bad.

service_gamer likes this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

In Trumpy's defense he did put the word "tapes" in quotes so he could have been talking about scotch, masking, electrical or duct tape at the time.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is off-topic from the recent posts on this thread but I'm putting this here because Otto Warmbier and his case were discussed on it.

Today is Warmbier's funeral, and I, at least, was a little bit surprised that his family did not consent to an autopsy being done on him.

Did anyone think the same way? Especially given that there seems to be so much mystery surrounding his time there, what happened to him and what, for sure, caused his condition and death upon arrival back home, I think I'd have wanted as much information as possible.

I realize an autopsy can disfigures and dismember a body, and that doing one wouldn't bring him back. But, given the circumstances in this instance, I thought it was a little strange that the family did not want one done. I never saw anything that said the decision not to do an autopsy was faith-related.

I'm just wondering what others thought, or might have done if it was their son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.