1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I'm not one that has assumed actual "collusion" but why have so many people with security clearance left out their contacts with Russia? Is there an obvious answer that I have missed? I would appreciate a response.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here's a nice, objective look at the VP.

LOL. The Baronesque headline might be the best part.

3. YankeeFan

They were either hiding something, or the contacts were insignificant to the degree that they didn't see them as something necessary to disclose.

Any evidence pointing to the former?

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Can you still buy assault rifles at pawn shops?

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Gee made sure the guillotine was sharpened today.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't want to work for the Times. I'd rather work for the Plain-Dealer.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

All of them? "Trump/Russia" has been a thing for a long time. It didn't cross their minds that if they had contact with Russians they would be well served to report it? Isn't that a bit of a stretch?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nonsense. I don't even have a sister.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Liberal Twitter is very upset with the Times for writing this article:

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wow that never occurred to me. When I was pointing out the idiocy of your "emotional propaganda" take I never realized that in some ways abortion is different from slavery. I mean, the whole "fetuses are different from babies" thing ... wow, just wow.

I'm really going to have to rethink things. If I continue to treat your argument as just another steaming pile of Baronesque moronics, I'm somehow going to have to reconcile those very real differences -- which you, thankfully, have apprised me of -- with the fact that, horrendous as it may be, at the publication of the works in question (Uncle Tom's Cabin and the recent PP videos) the horrors toward which they were oriented involved constitutionally protected rights. Once I manage to pull off that reconciliation, I'm sure I'll come around to your view that what was "emotional propaganda" in one setting -- because it targeted constitutionally protected actions -- isn't (or wasn't) in another, even though in the latter constitutionally protected actions are (or were) also involved.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.