1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if this happens. It should be a no-brainer. But that's never the case in Trumplandia.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

More bullshit lies of course.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I though that Schiff 's statement was well reasoned and correct. Nunes heading an investigation into the transition team he was a member of should never have gotten this far.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I feel confident at this point that someone ends up in jail over the Trump campaign/Russian collusion. It'll be interesting to see the internal jockeying to be not it, if they can keep it that small.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"If I'd wanted to, I could have snuck onto the White House grounds at night and nobody would have seen me" -- Rep. Devin Nunes. Worst sidekick ever.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Curious about the Freedom !! Caucus, I looked into the demographics of the district these Caucasians represent. I wasn't surprised.
    There are 30 Freedom Caucasians whose identities are known. Some, of course, are public members. Of the 30 districts represented, 26 are whiter than the national average. As a group, these districts are 82 percent white. The rest of the country is 72 percent white.
    In all, 26.8 percent of adults 25 and older in Freedom Caucasians' districts have a BA/BS or higher degree. In the rest of the land, the figure is 30.9 percent. On an individual level, 26 of the 30 districts fall short of the national average.

There are at least 12 former members of the organization. Four of them quit the Caucasians but are still in the House. Those four have something in common: all of their districts are more educated than the national average and well above the Freedom Caucasians' average. I'm guessing they took the district pulse and decided they didn't feel like playing Cowboy Reagan anymore.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There is a policeman still hospitalized with head injuries as a result of the "peaceful" protest.

No surprise it's ignored in the west.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.