1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Carrying this over from the old thing read:

1. They ain't takin' nothing back in two years. Ironclad voter repression, gerrymandering and brutal controls on the media will see to that.

2. They ain't "playing defense," filibustering, obstructing or delaying anything. The GOP will take that weapon out of their hands within 15 minutes of the opening gavel and completely nuke the filibuster on everything. The Dems aren't obstructing a goddamn thing.

Trump's pick for the SCOTUS seat will be nominated and approved by instantaneous acclamation voice vote as an extra fuck you to the Obama regime. No hearings, no delays, no debate, no nothing, bam zoom and swear him in.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    RickStain likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Annoying Manhattanites would only endear Trump more to his base.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thanks for proving Gabler's point.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump also wants to go around having more rallies, which is totally not fascist or anything, but one thing it would do is bring those same traffic problems TO his base.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Why would it have to paralyze street traffic? Just fly the chopper to the roof of Trump Tower.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He certainly wouldn't be he first leader to run his country out of a tacky monument he built to honour himself.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I wanna be, an anarchist, I'm getting pissed... DESTROY

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

And blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools who stand in line like......EMI!!!!!!!!

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Rallies are fascist?

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If I've got Trump's ear I tell him to have a rally a week, every Saturday. Trump feeds off them, needs them.

Take his 'fireside chats' directly to his supporters.

First one is in Janesville, Wisconsin.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I draw a distinct line between the right to protest, which we should always have, and the wisdom and usefulness of protest. And don't take that as a blanket condemnation of protest.

We can work on uniting the country, understanding the guy on the other side of the aisle a little better, or we can work on widening the chasm. Which one do you think will be more beneficial to the United States in the long run?

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.