1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm really struggling with. I guess the faint hope that a middle ground can be found again and the fringes won't dominate everything.

But yeah, it's a faint, faint hope. The Dems seem like they'll confirm Gorsuch. And that will really piss off the far left of the party. At some point the party has to bring together it's factions. And it has to be in time for the midterms.

Not sure how that happens at the moment.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Do you think this is funny or do you think it's a burn? Like, I honestly don't know anyone who does less with words than you do. It's like watching a toddler trying to put on lipstick.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So let's just pretend Hillary Clinton won the election.

And there was this little presidential election thingy coming up in Russia in 2018. Garry Kasparov has thrown his hat into the ring to oppose Putin.

It's clearly obvious that we could tweak the above quote to say . . . .

"American President Hillary Clinton eventually wanted to help Kasparov win the election. The American leader was partly driven by her disdain for Vladimir Putin. Clinton hated President Putin so much that the flipside of that coin was she had a clear preference for the person running against the person she hated so much" . . . .

and it would be 100 percent accurate.

So my question is . . . what's the big deal? Would Kasparov be guilty of something sinister if he accepted help from America (as Yeltsin did in 1996)?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gorsuch will be confirmed because the Republicans have a majority in the Senate. He might not get a single Dem vote. Anybody pissed off by that has a gripe with arithmetic, not the Democratic Party.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Link?

7. cisforkoke

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Like I said, I have a job and two kids. No time for playing around here.

9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Will you please stop comparing this to the Yeltsin election in '96? When you yourself have provided links about it, the story was that American political consultants worked for the Yeltsin campaign. Not covert intelligence officers (or computer hackers, for that matter) or people being paid by the U.S. government, but people who openly made a living working on politics and who were paid by Yeltsin's campaign. The only "secret" thing about it was that the Yeltsin campaign didn't want its rivals to know it had brought in some Americans for advice/help. That's it. It's not qualitatively similar – at all – to what Russian government agents/actors did to the 2016 U.S. election. Can you really not tell the difference?

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. cisforkoke

Thread theme refrain.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that much of her viewership was more into the T&A than the TSA.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TowelWaver and QYFW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.