1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I would love it if Hunter Biden started tagging Vanessa Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Breyer also not there.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What the fuck is A-Rod doing there?

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Written and posted to my FB page. ...

WARNING... it's another rant. My page, my views. Don't like it, don't care ....

To all my friends who are celebrating today, please remember one thing.

The man who sits in the Oval Office is hugely significant, but the hate that has been encouraged and supported for the past few years doesn't go away with a new President.

Your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers ... some of them truly believe the last four years were good for our country. That it's ok to be a racist. That it's ok to discriminate. That it's ok to use religion or fealty to one man as a litmus test for tax dollars. That it's ok to not serve people because they love someone you think they aren't supposed to love.

That hate and those beliefs don't magically go away today. The bully pulpit does. But a lot of damage has been inflicted upon our country in the false flags of religion and patriotism.

We have a lot of work to do just to begin to repair the damage inflicted. And I'm not talking about just the past 4 years. The hate that has been spread by political commentators and networks and preachers and so-called Christians... they linger. Over the last few years, they have been less afraid to show their true beliefs. They have been supported. Their beliefs don't go away today. If anything, we need to fear more. They have been emboldened and embraced by people you wouldn't believe ...

So celebrate today if you will, but the nightmare of the past years isn't over. We have a lot of work to do.

Love your neighbor.

Help people who need it. And we all need it.

Don't support laws or rules written to benefit one class of people -- for the record, anti-discrimination laws benefit everyone except those who choose to discriminate.

Know that Jesus would have been with those who suffered these past few years, not those who inflicted or supported the suffering.

Only when the vast majority of us believe these simple things will our healing truly begin.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

J-Lo is singing at the ceremony.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thanks again Moddy - and Elliotte - for this shelter in the storm the last four years.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always forget this thing gets underway well before noon - only the swearing in happens at noon.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

J-Lo is singing.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You’re right
    But why is it every time a democrat comes to power they have to act to incorporate the other side and try to work together and compromise. But when the conservatives come to power it’s acceptable to step on the throats of the opposition with no pushback?

we need to come together as a country, and it starts when Cruz Hawley and Graham make to first step to conciliation. Can’t expect Jordan and a Gaetz and a Nunes to have that kind of conscience but the senators must.

OscarMadison, Mngwa and wicked like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Am trying - and not failing - to see these introductions like those at a big fight or a Super Bowl, walkup music and all.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is exciting.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.