1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it probably wouldn't have been a year of good, solid government. No, he probably wouldn't have run a good campaign. It wouldn't have mattered. It is very difficult to beat an incumbent when the economy is good, and it was good until the pandemic hit.

As others mentioned, I don't think the Black Lives Matter protests gain nearly that sort of traction if not for the pandemic. It wasn't just that people were home and had the time to do it. People were frustrated and upset already, then the Floyd video got out, setting off a powder keg that already existed.

Many people who say he would have won if not for COVID are not praising President Trump. They just see the political reality.

wicked and FileNotFound like this.
  3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m stating a prediction not an emotion.

of course, my prediction is wrong. Because the Biden plan will be an eight year path to citizenship. In other words, you’ll have to vote through a couple different elections to keep the path.

how do you feel about that?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yep. Hey, it’s a solution. It’s not nothing.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's got no more beef than the Dixie Chicks did after they trashed W. in London. People are free to purchase your products or services, or not. And they don't have to give you or anyone else a reason.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Point taken .... good move, until guys like Trump trashed it. But then again, the grownups will be in charge in less than 24 hours.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

On the 401k stuff I don’t think you’ll convince Doc.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

YOU WILL NOT BREAK ME

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'll go further and to repeat a recent post I made, I think if Trump doesn't see the virus as a threat, relies on moderately competent people to fight it, and encourages people to wear masks (as his lemmings would most assuredly have done), he wins 350 electoral votes and maybe the popular vote. That's the thought I hope haunts him for the rest of his wretched life: he didn't have to spend another dime, stage another rally, miss another tee time or do anything remotely within his job description, other than to say about April 1 that the virus is serious, we're going to do everything we can and wear a mask. Then he sits back and wins. In the long run we'd have all been worse off for it but he has this victory well in hand and blew it by begin a dipsit.

Slacker likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A busted real estate promoter from the boro who couldn't sell steaks, couldn't run a country.

Whoda thunk it.

garrow likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.