1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Not going to lie though, once Trump no longer has even nominal control of the football, I'm going to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

26 hours but who’s counting

garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

25:58:45

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

This is the song I will have in the background when he's out of office.

Which song will you guys and gals have playing when the moron leaves office tomorrow?

5. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

He is the worst by a wide margin. He is not a serious person, empowered the worst of this country and many saw this coming. During his four years, he proved to be unfit for office. At least other bad presidents read a briefing book.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I wanted to save it but since you asked

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Absentee president" is one of the most succinct descriptions of Trump I've seen. And it came from the poster known for his lengthy posts! Kudos @The Big Ragu.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. It’ll be 10 years for all. Pretty shrewd and cynical on Biden’s part, an 8-year plan. Keeps the voting bloc in line for another presidential race.

Citizenship as a political carrot.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

But it was buried in the midst of my War and Peace post.

I said this early on, probably on this thread. Trump's idea of being president was the pomp and circumstance -- he wanted military parades and to give people medals, and more than anything he wanted adulation. He had no interest (or ability to) in doing the actual job. Even worse than that, though, he didn't do what lots of presidents have done to a degree, which is to turn over the responsibilities to others. Instead, he would just randomly fuck with things like he was a mercurial king issuing decrees.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If he had only BEEN an "absentee president," he wouldn't have been 1/10 as bad.

Of course, in all functions involving any more effort than hoisting his zeppelin ass off the golden toilet or jiggling his fingers on the tweet machine, he has been precisely that.

TowelWaver and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.