1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There should honestly be rules in place to prevent senators from taking money from outside the state they represent. The same goes for reps taking money from outside their district.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

When one of my close friends ran for state senate in her state, other out-of-state friends and I donated to her campaign. One of her opponents pounced on this, accusing her of being controlled by her “big money donors” from out of state. Combined, I think we gave like $500, if that, but she had to do a little damage control. She won, but I haven’t gotten to control anything.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Herr Drumpf in the bunker, too. Schiesse!

Prepare the cyanide and pistols!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yep. That style of discourse dominated there, too.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

A reporter from a major news op in a tweet calls gun-toting Rep. Boebert a "firebrand".

Can't make this shit up. Wait, yes you can!

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This sounds good, but in practice it would just increase the power of corporate donations compared to candidates who rely on small ones generated online. Think of it this way. Walmart has a presence in damn near every district, but you and I do not. Same for Walgreens, The National Association of Auto Dealers, etc.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The damage control is simple. Ask the candidate if they support campaign finance reform. If they say no, tell them to shut the fuck up.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but for example, I don't have a stake in Georgia. While I wanted both Democrats to win for control of the U.S. Senate, those weren't national races. They don't represent me.
    I am a tax payer in Tennessee and North Carolina. Elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents.
    With the current setup, U.S. Senate races have turned into national elections. That's not right.
    Granted, I'm someone who believes right matters, so I'm pretty much a dinosaur.

10. goalmouth

Perfect time for the NRA's move there! LOL

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

In honor of the "well-trained militia," Tesla is offering the new Elon Musket.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Aren't there hotels in the Ozarks, where he supposedly is building his dream house? I'm sure Marty and Wendy could hook him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.