1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The image itself is pretty ridiculous.

She's not crass like Donald Trump, or so transparently a snake oil salesperson, but what exactly makes her successful in her own right? Her career consisted of lying and making exaggerated claims to sell luxury condos with skimpy finishes slapped on them, and finding suckers willing to pay the family to slap its name on things (with no discernment about what they would lend their name to, as long as the checks cleared). She's a huckster. To the extent she actually has had any success in her life, it's been the way that Kim Kardashian is famous. She's famous for being famous. Maybe there is a talent in that that I am not being fair about. But if you took away all of the strings that have been pulled for her in her life, and all of the things just given to her, who exactly is she that should impress anyone?

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Did Glen Rice tap this ass, too?

Maybe she’s more a Chris Weber, girl?

I apologize if this is sexist, but to think that a vice president candidate of the United States of America was hooking up with traveling basketball players just blows my mind.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You just describe Donnie.

Apple... tree.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

As opposed to President Clinton, who prowled for pussy and took advantage of a seemingly naive 21-year-old? Or President Trump, who grabbed cooch without permission? You’re barking up the wrong tree here.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Boebart looks like 1989-era Jonathan Silverman with capped teeth, hair extensions and a pistol.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Donnie as in her dad?

For everything you can say about Donald Trump, his dishonesty, his BS, his numerous failures throughout his life, etc. ... the guy did manage to get himself elected president of the United States.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

...to America's everlasting shame...

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent. But people love narratives and she had pretty much flawless PR for years. And despite all of the Haberman leaks and the woo Instagram posts, when push came to shove, she showed herself to be just another vapid member of the family.

11. Hooray4snail

Hooray4snail Active Member

Did she actually say, "It is my separate but equal obligation ..."?

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Agreed. An attractive young woman wanted to hook up with an attractive young man? Shocking!

There’s so many things to pick about Palin that made her unworthy of the office of VP. That wasn’t one of them.

Tighthead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.