1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ah, such a terrible shame. What will the Republicans ever do without the NRA? And who will line their pockets without the gun lobby?

We could find out if they really champion the Second Amendment or was it just because the lobby made sure they were compensated to do so.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

they've put down roots in new york

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It's over. Last week was it. Even Trump knows it. He's disappeared from public because he saw that his only ride or die folks are a thousand or so complete losers. It's got to be killing him that the revolution turned out to be so lame. I really think he thought he had the popular will on his side. He's nuts. There might be some lone wolf danger, but that's about it.

Driftwood and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The US Senate is filled with people who were in the right place at the right time - on both sides of the aisle. And once they get in - they stay in. Both D Senators out this way were kind of fluky. Mark Hatfield and Bob Packwood were respected moderate Rs. Packwood resigned due to harrassment and Wyden won a special election in December with national support over Gordon Smith. Smith (the last R Senator for Oregon, Wash. or Cal.) won Hatfield's seat when Hatfield retired a few years later and might still be there if Obama didn't elevate turnout in the state beyond expectations and getting Merkley the seat. And I'd argue that the Rs losing streak in Wa, Ca and Or Senate races have more to do with going away from Moderate Rs (a dying breed) in the primaries than a sudden swing left.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Machine Head

if only the democrats would reasonable the my pillow guy wouldn't be forced to implement his plan of martial law

7. Machine Head

yet another confirmation of susan collins position that donald learned his lesson

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A guy famous for infomercials about pillows is advising a former game show host about declaring martial law to overturn the most secure election in US history. What kind of bullshit is the writers’ room doing these days?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not discounting something more than a lone nut but his gig is done. When corporate America turned off the spigot (both in campaign finance and Deutsche Bank cutting off any more personal loans), it made a big hit on Trump and his empire. He'll be doling out millions in legal fees and they're going to get retainers upfront and not get stiffed like Rudy. His hotels, resorts, golf courses are losing money anyway. Can you imagine what their bottom line is going to look like a year from now? He won't have the cash to run his own campaign like he claimed he did before the 2016 GOP convention, jet around the country on his own plane (bet that thing has been hocked by now).
    Then I shudder to think where we'd be right now if Trump has one-tenth the brain he thinks he has:
    * If he recognizes the COVID threat at the beginning and urges masks (which all of his lemmings would then put on), he wins.
    * If he doesn't fight mail-in ballots and indeed encourages his zombies to vote that way, he wins.
    * If he doesn't do those two things, but doesn't throw his six-week long tantrum and encourage the insurrection, he's the prohibitive GOP nominee in 2024.

That God he was that stupid. But one day, there may come a smart version of Trump, and then we're all really fucked.

10. Machine Head

the pardon-seeking shaman shared his stash of peyote with the writers

think the my pillow guy thing is weird, just wait!

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the dumbness and incompetence is part of his appeal to his core supporters. He's just like them.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Machine Head

ted the zodiac killer, josh hawley and tom cotton wonder why you are talking about them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.