1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"What took you so long?"

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So, um, Susan ... has he learned his lesson?

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

She is very much in need of someone to tell her, “You shouldn’t do that.” Like, pretty much every time she talks or tweets.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Bless her heart.

swingline, wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As a complete aside from impeachment talk, got my stimulus payment yesterday in the form of a debit card. The packaging looked odd and it was from a smaller institution in the Midwest, so I took it to my bank this morning to verify it. They said it was real, so I activated it and had my bank deposit the funds in my account, as I had planned all along.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Why? That's what got her fucking elected.

8. HanSenSE

Don't think this is a d_b:

9. HanSenSE

The president worked from early in the morning to late at night. He made many phone calls and had many meetings. So sayeth the White House.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If half the shit about Trump is true, there is no way he is getting full reports or has been since he set foot in office.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I ask again: Has anybody seen Wilbur Ross lately?

The U.S. Census Bureau has apparently abandoned its effort to compile tallies of undocumented immigrants, effectively ending President Trump’s quest to exclude them from congressional apportionment, according to a letter posted on its website Wednesday afternoon.

The statement came a day after the Commerce Department’s Office of Inspector General sent a letter outlining reports from whistleblowers who said Trump appointees in the bureau have been making a last-ditch push to produce the tallies before the president leaves office next week.

The letter, from Inspector General Peggy E. Gustafson to Census Bureau Director Steven Dillingham, said career employees at the bureau had told her they were under “significant pressure” from two Trump appointees to produce a report by Friday related to the president’s effort to remove undocumented immigrants from state population counts, even though staffers there said the data was not ready.

Bureau staffers said Dillingham had categorized the report as the bureau’s “top priority,” regardless of the data’s accuracy, the letter said, adding: “OIG is also aware that you inquired into a financial reward for speed on this directive.”

One senior bureau employee had gone as far as to say that what staffers were being asked to do was “statistically indefensible,” according to the letter, which gave Dillingham until Thursday to respond and warned that OIG might interview him under oath.

The bureau posted a reply from Dillingham on Wednesday afternoon in which he denied setting a deadline for the data and said that “upon learning of these concerns” on Tuesday, he told bureau officials that “those involved should ‘stand down’ and discontinue their data reviews.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4c7388-5549-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.