1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And this gem, from the NBC website:
    • The loans to Trump and Kushner properties included a $2,164,543 loan to the Triomphe Restaurant Corp., at the Trump International Hotel & Tower in New York City. The company reported the money didn’t go to keeping any jobs. It later closed.
    So you can get $2 mill and then close anyway? Are you on the hook for any of that money going back to the taxpayers?
    This family has used Trump being president to loot, con and swindle every taxpayer in America. But 73 million will gladly bend over again, without vaseline.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm

shocked.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dobbs went off the reservation not long after 9/11, railing against immigrants and such. This isn't new.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Guy on the far right (natch) is Charlie Hurt
    Was a scab at the News during the strike

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've often wondered what started his crusade about immigration, if there was a personal story or something.

CNN fired him for pushing the birther shit.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is you'te not following at home, we're at the martial law-mass arrests-military tribunals-executions phase of our democracy, endorsed by the GOP.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Plus his wife, former CNN sportscaster Debi Segura, is Hispanic

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fine. Pass it and send it to his desk anyway. Call his bluff. This is all posturing anyhow. There is zero chance that the defense appropriation does not pass. If he vetos it gets overridden. Congress isn't going to sit still for spiking a military pay raise right before Christmas, and the big defense companies are *going* to get their money, period.

He's pissy about renaming bases named for Confederates. He's pissed with Twitter because they keep slapping warning labels on his false tweets. That's what all this nonsense boils down to, the toddler in chief does not want to eat his vegetables so he's throwing his bowl in the floor. Means nothing. Let him veto it and get raked over the coals and laughed at over it as the bill passes anyway.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't think Trump has a financial stake in Triomphe. It was a high-end French restaurant that was a tenant; it paid rent to Trump @ 1 Central Park West. Trump actually lost that source of income, and on top of it, he has a mortgage on Trump International Hotel that may be at risk of default right now. So even though cronyism may have gotten the restaurant the loan (I don't know), I don't think it lines Trump's pockets -- unless a bribe was paid to get the government support for the restaurant and in the case of President Sleaze, I guess you can't rule stuff like that out. But on the face of it, this probably isn't as insidious as you'd think from that story.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Catholic Church got billions from taxpayer-funded PPP in part to pay off child abuse claims.

Biggest. Cult. Ever.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've got to question the business acumen of folks who opened a luxury French restaurant in any way associated even tangentially with a man famous for having no taste buds.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Location. The Trump International Hotel is a gaudy abomination, but it's right at the foot of Central Park, a stone's throw from billionaire's row.

Webster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.