1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I wonder if Barron is the only child to ever be forced by his own father to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I mean, the Washington national political reporters get practically nothing about real life in this country. (There are exceptions, like Dave Weigel of the Post who spends his life on the road like the '70s prog rock star he always wished he was). The confident predictions Trump will dominate the Republican party even in defeat are based on nothing but straight-line projection. Trump's gonna leave office to at a minimum a severe business crisis and both civil and criminal investigations in New York that will require what's left of his ability to pay attention. Yeah, he's popular with Republicans now, but so was current GOP nonperson GW Bush in 2006. Also, there will be events that affect how people see things. If you had asked me in November 2016 who would be the next President of the USA after Trump, I would have struggled for a guess, but I sure as shit wouldn't have guessed Joe Biden. And yet here we are.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I hate turkeys. Every time I’m near one on my cousin’s farm, I feel like they want to kill me.

Last time I pulled up, they surrounded my car like some long lost Hitchcock film.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

OK, done and done.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In his post-pardon interview, the turkey was quoted as saying if he had to spend one more minute with the Trumps, he'd prefer the chopping block.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think he might be a bit pudgy, too.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

JV social media sites fail just as hard to protect users.

9. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

You might be right about Trump, but Trumpism is here to stay. It's great for the GOP. Trumpism is incoherent, and it doesn't matter. As long as you are owning the libs and talking tough, it doesn't matter what you actually do policy-wise. You don't actually have to fix immigration or improve working class jobs or extract concessions from China. Just say you'll do all of those things, campaign against the Squad, and the government is yours to slash and burn.

champ_kind likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shocking

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Tea Party eventually faded away. I imagine most of them became Trumpers and they will latch onto something else by the next presidential election.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump has been valuable beyond the GOP's wildest dreams with 3 Supremes, and Mitch's judges galore on top of the tax cuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.