1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What if we had a country, and nobody came?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Preps coverage would be done in 18 years.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The last preps writer

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and swingline like this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I saw his tweet announcing that he has it and the syntax was somehow better than normal. I thought COVID impacted cognition?

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The judge is clearly just fucking with Rudy now. Will it ever grow old watching Rudy step on rake after rake?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It’s like Abbott and Costello doing Who’s on First but Costello has dementia.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"The Trump/Pence people never met with me. Never! Not a word of congratulations. Not a "Mr. President Biden, sir, congratulations"! It used to be "how's it going Joe? How's it going Joey?" Not anymore. Very unfair. Very disrespectful. Hurt the security of our beautiful country, ok? And frankly, I'm not surprised. Not surprised at all. Oh boy, did they try to do a number on me. But I got past them. I'm here and they...aren't. And don't get me started on COVID. They left the cupboard bare. Nothing, nothing there. Had to start from scratch."
    --Joseph R. Biden Jr. January 22, 2021

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So in the last half hour, the Wayne County, Mich. election board failed to certify its results when the two Republicans refused to, resulting in a tie vote. Also, the Trump electors in Nevada have sued asking a judge to award the state to Trump and failing that to throw out the election. They're never going to stop trying to steal it for Trump.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who else knew the virus had free will?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You may be making a "No true Scotsman" play, in which case, meh, but ...

There are plenty of serious scientists who are religious, far more than would accommodate your "by and large." My son's girlfriend works in the lab of this dude, Goodenough, who won a Nobel in Chemistry recently. As he is quite religious ...
    ... has he rejected science?

Also, I suspect you are being chauvinistic in your treatment of "religious." I know plenty of heavy-hitters in the hard sciences who are committed Hindus or Muslims.

I suppose I understand whence comes the temptation to treat "religious person" as "not scientific person" ... but that temptation should be avoided.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.