1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I set up TigerVolsFamilyVoters@gmail.com last year just for this reason. I never check it; I imagine it's as packed full of shit as Trump's colon.

maumann, HanSenSE, Driftwood and 2 others like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Rudy to rep FATUS in Pa. court today. Please check your dildoes at the door.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wayne playing an aging gunfighter who has outlived the Wild West was good, but playing him dying of cancer while Wayne was dying of cancer added a lot of pathos. Jimmy Stewart's turn as the doctor who confirms the diagnosis and their scene together was an absolute gem. Throwing in Wayne sitting with a red velvet whorehouse cushion between his colon cancered ass and the saddle was genius, and that was straight out of Glendon Swarthout's book - which is an excellent read, faithfully executed as a screenplay. (For once)

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Is he going to include a discount code for the cigar store he reps?

“your honour, before I move on, I’d like to advise this honourable court that the code “RudyRocket” will get everyone 20 per cent off and free shipping, that expires at midnight, some exclusions apply”.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that Ossoff or Warnock will want for much of anything given the stakes for Democratic fundraiser types unless they're just sending all these emails so they can claim not all of their money is coming from Hollywood producers and the like.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I’m committed to most things not-GOP these days, but the amount of extra money I’d have to have before considering giving one dime to candidate ....

It’s a lot.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've got enough money to give some to support candidates, but the key word in this sentence is "some."

8. Neutral Corner

They're also sending them to harvest $20 and $30 donations from people like me. Biden made out like a bandit on those.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out how I got on lists for Trump and a crap load of other GOP candidates. I've never given them a dime.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Strangely that code is also good at the dildo shop...

Tighthead likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So Mitch McConnell finally stands up to Trump. I'm very curious about what prompted it. A few calls from defense contractor donors? I mean this President who Mitch backed was literally endorsed by the Taliban. My guess is he'd want to make the Dems make the move, which would probably be goood for fundraising GOP fundraising, give Mitch leverage in any future negotiation and talking points for the next election. But really, the stuff he's signed off on and now this is where he draws a line?

12. Neutral Corner

Howard Stern Makes A Stark Prediction For Trump's Post-White House Plans | HuffPost

"If he thinks running the country is hard, wait ’til he has to run a news network,” Stern said Monday on his SiriusXM radio show, according to the New York Daily News.

The self-anointed “King of All Media” also made a not-so-veiled reference to Trump’s shortcomings in the world of business, warning that any “Trump TV” effort would meet the same fate.

“That’ll fail inside of a year, like all the other businesses,” Stern said. “This is just insanity what’s going on.”

The radio host also told Trump he needs to concede and help President-elect Joe Biden with the transition.

“For once do something good for the country, calm down your fucking loony hillbilly friends, and tell them you lost the election and you’re going to help the transition,” he said, according to the Daily News. “These loonies who follow you are all worked up; they think something was taken from them.”

Driftwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.