1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Wayne's last film. If you have not seen it, it's well worth a look. Not your typical Western.

Fred siegle and bigpern23 like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I might be mistaken and it's already done, but I think Cawthorn will be a one and done. He ran for Meadow's gerrymandered district as is. In 2022, Asheville will be back in, and it turns back blue.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You could erase student debt with what we've paid out to soybean farmers since Trump took office. About which no one anywhere said anything.

Government-subsidized crop insurance covered some of the losses from flooding. Other payments were unprecedented. The U.S. Department of Agriculture simply sent him a check to compensate him for the low prices resulting from the trade war.

" 'Trump money' is what we call it," Henry said. "It helped a lot. And it's my understanding, they're going to do it again."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    garrow likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the Cook Political Report is keeping a running tally of the presidential vote as the slow counters in California and especially New York plod on. You can't read those numbers without noticing two huge facts. 1. A lot more people voted. 2. The shift in votes was, in percentage terms, very very small. If someone had put up a fake poll the morning before election day showing Biden 48-Trump 46, the margin of Clinton-Trump, they would've been far more accurate than the real polls, as the current result, Biden 51-Trump 47, is well within polling error range. In fact, it's a dead ringer for the Obama-Romney score. Nevada is the perfect symbol of this odd stasis. It's vote total increased by 25 percent, but Biden's percentage margin of victory, 2.4 percent, was identical to Clinton's in 2016.
    What this all means I dunno, but I see it in context of the 2018 midterm sweep of the House by the Democrats and the GOP House gains this year. It's almost as if the public, recognizing it's hopelessly and narrowly divided, has voted to insure both parties are too weak to impose their agendas on the country.
    Alternative theory: Voters would not be that unhappy with the state of the country if it weren't for the virus, and they know Trump has botched the virus response. So a decisive group of ticket-splitters voted for as much of the status quo as they could.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Shhhh. It's the libtards making wrong, dontcha know?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Democrats had takeout. The Republicans held an abbreviated cocktail hour in which the 90 guests were seated at 45 well spaced two-person tables. So at least their guys got a free drink out of it.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Something struck me last night about a post I made concerning Trump wanting to start a war.
    I understand he knows more than all the generals, but that's a heck of a strategy to withdraw troops from literally both sides of the country you are about to attack.
    1. You mustn't strategically surround your enemy. - Sun SUE, The Art of War

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"What would you say is your greatest weakness, Ms. Murphy?"
    "I, uh, have a tendency to cravenly follow the juvenile whims of a deranged, klepto-bigot even when those whims lead to death and harm national security."
    "Thanks for coming in."

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Sun Tzu.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Re-read the "quote" there, you might be missing something

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.