1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donald J. Trump: during his presidency, never once did he do the right thing....about anything.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

trump parade 0282D9A2-917B-4D81-9382-5C508335A683.jpeg

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Beau of the Fifth Column had a pretty good takedown of any thoughts of using the U.S. military to subdue the United States and keep Trump in power.
    It's not going to happen. I've said as much from the first time the idea was raised.
    First, you'd have to get the flag officers onboard. Not gonna happen. These are people who have spent a lifetime defending the U.S., not serving a tyrant.
    If you did get some of them onboard, then you'd have to convince the other officers on down to the people you'd be telling to attack U.S. property and citizens. Not gonna happen. Oh, I'm sure there is a fraction of a percentage who would, but the SS was not the Wehrmacht. Even the dumbest 18-year-old believes in service to the country, not a tyrant, or they wouldn't have joined an all-volunteer military.
    If you managed to get the first two scenarios in your camp, you'd need the element of surprise. That's long gone, plus there are a lot of people in this country with a lot of guns who actually believe in the Constitution, so the resistance would be unparalleled by anything in history.
    I can tell you 100% from personal experience. In 1992/93, had President Bush ordered me to push a button lobbing weapons into U.S. cities to keep President-elect Clinton from taking office, I would have said, "Fuck you."

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The fucking conservatives have spent 50 years building a well-funded, carefully structured machine to press their causes.

The free world has yet to catch up and, in fact, has been lapped.

tea and ease likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And yet, there's Sam Alito (part of a conservative-dominated SCOTUS) out there whining about how tough the right-wingers have it.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, the endless eternal pissing and moaning is all part of their schtick.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There is a whole bunch of Trump honk appointees shitting peach seeds right now, realizing they are about to whole dose of reality dropped on them.
    "Hey, this government thing might be fun. What do you mean there are rules and I can't just do whatever I want?"

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

One big problem with a coup attempt, through the Electors scam or RWNJs, is none of the allies who congratulated Biden would recognize Trump as president
    That wouldn’t bother him, though
    Vlad would congratulate him and he could use it as an excuse to leave NATO

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Assuming a pee tape truly exists, I doubt that we'll ever see it. You just know that there have to be a bunch of fakes out there already, set to muddy the water, and most likely the Russians have couple of deep fakes showing something else all ready to go as well.

As I've said before, as I recall the original reporting on it, it was that Trump rented the room that Obama stayed in and paid the hookers to piss on the mattress that he slept on.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are getting more and more marginalized and insular. Moving away from Fox because they are too left wing. Is they have Breitbart and Newsmax and OAN and whatever social media they can find. They still lack the proper demographics and economic muscle to attract advertisers who want money and investors who want ROI. They need to be subsidized by the Mercers of the world and can’t compete in a free market. The hypocrisy of the right never gets old. The capitalists who can’t succeed in a free market of ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.