1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Tish James can end this madness by unsealing one felony indictment.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

With this season's results, the GOP falls to 7-5 since 1900 when an incumbent POTUS is seeking to stay in power. Democrats are 8-1 since 1900 when an incumbent is up and running.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had another conservative friend announce he's leaving Facebook for MeWe, with the extra added bonus of someone in his replies saying "I'm giving up Fox for Newmax." These people are truly in their own reality. All for Trump.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

caliphate
    caravan (in the context he used to use it)

Hooray4snail likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The logjam is easing just a bit; Senator Lankford (R-OK) says Biden should get security briefings and if not he’ll do it himself.

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, even progressives like Ron Klain.

And I think this is a sign of things to come. Biden is going to make smart hires - people who are extraordinarily qualified and respected. Some may be more moderate. Some may be more progressive. But they'll be the types that both wings of the party respect and even Republicans will admit, in a rare honest moment, are unquestionably good fits.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't expect a lot of "name people" - but a lot of dedicated professionals. Give the cronys, donors and retired pols ambassadorships. Couldn't believe the story/rumor I heard that Rahm Emmanuel is in the mix for something. Great way to alienate Republicans, teachers unions and people of color in one move.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Considering his tenure during the Obama administration, of course Emmanuel's name is going to be thrown about. There's probably a couple dozen names that will be, considering their ties and their recent work at those levels of the government.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

A West Wing sequel really should be Josh Lyman’s failed second act as a big city mayor.

UPChip likes this.
  11. DanOregon

Anyone else kind of "adjusting" to a post-Trump world, checking news sites every three hours and being surprised that there isn't some new craziness hitting the fan? Oh, it's same as last time...I could get to like this.

12. DanOregon

Reminds me of the time he filled in for CJ as spokesperson when CJ had a dental issue.

UPChip and Baron Scicluna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.