1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Maybe he already knows the election is fixed. /tigervols

(As much as I’d like to laugh at that notion, I think everything is on the table until the results come in. I guess that makes me a defeatist.)

Also it would look really bad if he lost his “home” state.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He’s trailing all the Florida polls.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Although this one caught my eye. No f'ing clue who Susquehanna is but that is an interesting spread. It was enough to push RCP into showing Trump with a 0.4 percent advantage in Florida whomever they are. Nate Silver still has Florida at Biden +2 but interesting ...

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.07.28 PM.png

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

GOP-aligned firm that specializes in the mid-Atlantic region.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As if the lord of the infinite universe would judge a single human on the basis of the specific magic words they speak aloud.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ah that puts that poll into perspective

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does FoxNews have a vested interest in their polling which shows Biden leading?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

At this point, is any amount of spending, advertising, or rallying going to change on single vote? I seriously doubt it.
    The Lincoln Project might, might, hit home with that ad against Graham by conning a few mouth breathers into voting for a guy who is no longer in the race but still on the ballot, but the die is cast for presidential votes.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At some point - the Dems will quit this Wyle E. Coyote act with the Supreme Court right? Hell, their three seats right now were gifts from GOP appointees who stepped down (all with tread on the tire) during Dem administrations. It could be 9-0. But sure, the Dems are great at nominating justices known for their fiery dissents - Douglas, Marshall, Ginsberg, - give me same nameless, faceless types that make up the majority opinion any day.
    And make no mistake - while abortion and ACA may be at stake, the conservative bloc is guaranteed to spend the next 30 years safeguarding corporate interests.

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Fox News is considered a very respectable pollster, in fact.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Given that every penny his campaign spends is a penny that doesn't go in Ivanka's family piggy bank, I suspect they know their lead is safe enough in Florida for the SuperPACs to protect it.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Trump will still have ads in Florida, it is just that the payee has been switched from the campaign to the RNC for reasons that seem to be murky.

My guess would be that RNC paid ads don't have the FEC restrictions that campaign-paid ads do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.