1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wore a “Jimmy Buffett for President” shirt in 2016. No problem.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I would not be so sure, my friend. There are numerous examples of fans being forced to remove “Fire the Coach” T-shirts at college football games, just to give you one “example.”

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Sea Bass, HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ivanka69sofine

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Also, if we're endorsing non-conventional candidates via t-shirts, I'll go with this one:

[​IMG]

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And deny, deny, deny. Never admit guilt. Never apologize. He learned it from Roy Cohn.

9. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Just got back from early voting with the Mrs. It was a tough couple of minutes for Republican candidates. There were 12 on my ballot and they all struck out.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That occurred to me, and I'll probably be deluged with MAGA2020 facebook posts now, but I wanted to see it for myself before clips started showing up in my twitter feed.

I'm biased, I've already voted for Biden, but I know interviews and that was a bad interview for Trump.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You can't advocate for a candidate within fifty feet of the poll. (Or whatever the measure is in your state) Wearing advertising for a candidate is considered to be advocating. I've seen many stories already where some yammerhead throws a fit after he gets told he can't come in wearing campaign gear, he gets asked to go change or turn their shirt inside out, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted