1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My anxiety is high enough. Please don’t tie Biden’s chances to Mike Leach’s results right now.

Please.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The blank page is a symbol of the Trump Administration. Whether it is the one from Walter Reed, ACB's notepad or this stack of Red Lobster menus:

[​IMG]

Webster likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh my God, that made me realize Donald Trump is just an animated pile of Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump may be one of the worst persons ever to run for president - there were a few of those - but he's far from the worst candidate. The worst candidate of all time doesn't lose the presidential election. It's closer to someone like George McGovern. (Again, I'm separating candidate from person.)

6. Splendid Splinter

“may be”. Lol

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Prediction: By Election Day, Silver and Cohn will say Trump has a 33 percent chance of winning n
    McGovern ran against the Vietnam War. Six days before the election, "peace was at hand." There went that candidacy.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ummmm ... his VP pick having a history of alcoholism and depression, necessitating electro-shock therapy ... might have had just a tad to do with it.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the race was decided a lil before six days before.

But, if not him, then Mondale.

Claiming Trump is the worst candidate ever is fantastical nonsense, if you separate candidate from person. I think Sarah Palin would have been a terrible VP. As a VP candidate, she gave McCain a brief, stunning boost.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's amazing to see how few polls in the 538 ratings check in at ≥ B-. A lot of C+ designations.
    Here's what I want to know: Why does The Trafalgar Group, which by some accounts was the most accurate pollster of 2016 and the only one to predict Trump would win Wisconsin, rate only a C+ grade? No, it's not libruhl media bias. Sites like 538 need the appearance of a tightening race. They crave that narrative. I have looked at the site and can't find a decent explanation.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, things went wrong from the start. But the rationale for your campaign evaporating is the killer.
    Trafalgar was about the wrongest pollster in 2018. Thus the rating.

12. Splendid Splinter

Why should we leave character out of this equation? It has a lot to do with being POTUS and leading a country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.