1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I amended my earlier post.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

New meaning to the tuck rule

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A PS to my number cruncher post earlier. Nate Cohn of the Times very explicitly badmouths all polls except the NYT/Siena polls which he actually directs. This is a bad look, although he's very honest and open about his own methodologies.

RickStain likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You mean the rigged primary where Debbie Wasserman Shultz and the gang colluded for the career Democrat against the Independent who party flipped since he knew he wasn’t doing a thing as an Indy? That one. By the way, go look at that same story and see what number Trump was polling at.

Bottom line: Clinton lost to the Washington Generals. They paid off the refs, distracted the center with the bucket of confetti and still lost by three. There’s no way Clinton can be called a better candidate than Biden when you lose to the worst candidate ever. He had no offense. He had no defense. Shit, he didn’t even have a plan beyond “lock her up” and “we’re going to do X and it’s going to be tremendous because what Obama did was a disaster.”

She and her husband also had more skeletons in their closet than one of those Halloween stores that pop up in abandoned storefronts, playing right into Trump’s hand. It was tacky as hell that Trump brought all of those women who accused Bill of harassment to that one debate, but it was also a reminder that we’ve read about a lot of scandals with this family — real and perceived.

And she lost to that. She’s really probably the only candidate who could have lost to him. She was that unlikable. Compare now to then. Four years ago I was seeing a few “Trump that bitch” and “Hillary for Prison” signs and bumper stickers. I’ve seen hardly any derogatory signs towards Biden. “Sleepy Joe,” child sniffer, none of that stuff is sticking to him, and a lot of that is because there isn’t the flat out disdain for Biden like there was for her.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So glad I'm not a news editor who has to decide which story is more important for tomorrow's paper.
    Rudy
    Pope and civil unions
    Trump's chinese account
    Iran election meddling
    Perdue Pharma
    545 kids and missing parents
    NASA lands on asteroid.

all in this news cycle.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump still needs six points either from late comeback or polling error in key states. The Wisconsin final polling average in 2016 was Clinton +6.5. It’s still not remotely over in my book.

The difference is that last time the polling was 47-40 for Clinton, which is a ton of undecideds. Trump won 48-47.

Right now it’s Biden 49-45, so there’s a lot less undecided vote left to break either way.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Hire a clown-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
    -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.expect a circus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.