1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The article outlining Trump's ludicrous spending is worth noting - if only because of the huge outlays to vendors who nobody seems able to identify.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What is there to hate about a commercial that asks people to unite?

5. tapintoamerica

Oh my Tebow. A culture war. Meanwhile, the Trump klan is plotting to kidnap the governor of Michigan.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

it’s 90% empty, jingoistic platitudes. Americans have been eating that stuff up for so long that they don’t even realize how empty it is.

champ_kind likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

I'll take empty platitudes over fully expressed bigotry of the Trump klan any day of the week.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

McConnell warns White House against making stimulus deal as Pelosi and Mnuchin inch closer

"Prospects for an economic relief package in the next two weeks dimmed markedly on Tuesday after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) revealed that he has warned the White House not to strike an agreement with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi before the Nov. 3 election.

In remarks at a closed-door Senate GOP lunch, McConnell told his colleagues that Pelosi (D-Calif.) is not negotiating in good faith with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, and that any deal they reach could disrupt the Senate’s plans to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court next week. Republicans have voiced concerns that a stimulus deal could splinter the party and exacerbate divisions at a time when they are trying to rally behind the Supreme Court nominee. The comments were confirmed by three people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss them."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/10/20/trump-economic-stimulus-pelosi/

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Yeah, because we've declared WAR ON CHRISTMAS! And we're COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!

(In all seriousness, it's long past time to tax the churches.)

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"It has always been my experience that if someone acted like a miserable prick, no one would want to be around them. They certainly wouldn't reward that behavior. But lately, I've noticed a change in our country in regards to this issue. Take for instance something that happened on this very show to my friend Lesley....."

[​IMG]

11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

nobody loves the culture war more than the gop. it keeps them from having to come up with ideas about governance.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Show me a Trump ad, and someone fawning all over it, and I’ll probably say the same thing.

That particular ad wasn’t about Trump. It was about bringing a nation together. I don’t believe most of Biden’s supporters actually want that.

I think a lot of them want what Chris Hayes wants: Truth and reconciliation commissions, with confessions and public shaming. A culture war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.